Sunday, March 05, 2006

We'll give them frickin' laser beams next

Just what is the Petnagon up to in the ocean nowadays? It's perfectly understandable to have some odd machinery on hand, but some of this stuff is downright Frankensteinian. Then comes an idea surely inspired by Dr. Evil from Austen Powers...

from the Science Daily article:

In the United States a team funded by the military has created a neural probe that can manipulate a shark’s brain signals or decode them. More controversially, the Pentagon hopes to use remote-controlled sharks as spies.

The neural implant is designed to enable a shark's brain signals to be manipulated remotely, controlling the animal's movemens, and perhaps even decoding what it is feeling.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm Troy Doney. I'm on the internet. I'm the writer of the blog "Off the Reservation" at New West. I also write a blog at Reznet. My personal blog is Man Bites Dog. I post my pictures at Flickr and I write short sentences at Twitter.