Monday, March 13, 2006

A Republican could be listening to you right now

If that title didn't scare you, maybe the recent events in the ongoing wiretap scandle will. Senate Republicans have been trying to set up oversight for the NSA's domestic surveillance program, which was already little in the way of restrictions, and along the way, decided that long-term wiretapping on Americans without a court warrant was a nifty idea.

(from the New York Times article)

Civil liberties advocates called the proposed oversight inadequate and the licensing of eavesdropping without warrants unnecessary and unwise. But the Republican senators who drafted the proposal said it represented a hard-wrung compromise with the White House, which strongly opposed any Congressional interference in the eavesdropping program.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm Troy Doney. I'm on the internet. I'm the writer of the blog "Off the Reservation" at New West. I also write a blog at Reznet. My personal blog is Man Bites Dog. I post my pictures at Flickr and I write short sentences at Twitter.