Sunday, March 05, 2006

"It's scary how easily someone in Homeland Security can get permission to spy."

Walter Soehnge, a retired Texas schoolteacher, and his wife, Deana Soehnge were investigated by Homeland Security for paying a $6,522 credit card debt.

Apparently, paying for a bit more then usual is considered suspicious, at which point, they have to call Homeland Security. Just in case, you know, Osama has something to do with it. Terrorists have great credit rating, it seems.

"If it can happen to me, it can happen to others," Walter said.

(scripps howard news service)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm Troy Doney. I'm on the internet. I'm the writer of the blog "Off the Reservation" at New West. I also write a blog at Reznet. My personal blog is Man Bites Dog. I post my pictures at Flickr and I write short sentences at Twitter.