Tuesday, September 13, 2005

My school turns fascist, School President up to something

From the Kaiman:

Faculty and staff at the University of Montana aren’t to comment on “significant matters of policy and public interest,” according to the new UM news policy released Monday.

In such matters, the University president is UM’s representative, the policy says.

“He’s the official spokesperson for the University regarding anything significant,” said Rita Munzenrider, director of University Relations.

also:

The new version of the policy also took out a paragraph about the University respecting and complying with constitutional requirements for open meetings and records.

“I think that was an oversight,” Munzenrider said. “That should be in there.”

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm Troy Doney. I'm on the internet. I'm the writer of the blog "Off the Reservation" at New West. I also write a blog at Reznet. My personal blog is Man Bites Dog. I post my pictures at Flickr and I write short sentences at Twitter.

Blog Archive