Friday, September 30, 2005

Bats spread SARS, part of South Chinese food chain

From New Scientist:

Bats are the natural hosts of a group of coronaviruses closely related to the virus responsible for deadly outbreaks of SARS among humans, according to a new study.

and...

This and the increasing presence of bats and bat products in food and traditional medicine markets in southern China and elsewhere in Asia led the researchers to focus their search for the origin of the SARS virus on bats.

What the fuck are they eating in southern China and elswhere in Asia that is bat-centric?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm Troy Doney. I'm on the internet. I'm the writer of the blog "Off the Reservation" at New West. I also write a blog at Reznet. My personal blog is Man Bites Dog. I post my pictures at Flickr and I write short sentences at Twitter.

Blog Archive