Saturday, November 29, 2008

Fast Food Rots Your Brain

The fine cuisine of McDonald's, Taco Bell and White Castle are taking a hidden toll on bodies. Well, outside of the hidden toll that is a ruined digestive track, diabetes, weight issues and being covered in grease.

You're more likely to get Alzheimer's if you eat at your favorite fast food joint.

from The Local:

“Our hypothesis is therefore that a high intake of fat and cholesterol, in conjunction with genetic factors like apoE4, can lead to several substances in the brain being adversely affected and that can be a contributing cause to the development of Alzheimer’s,” said Akterin.

Fast food is one of the most egregious malefactors of Western society. Low in nutrition, tasteless, addicting, unhealthy and designed for an impatient civilization, it only seems appropriate that it also steals your mind from you.

Grapes won't give you alz, by the way.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm Troy Doney. I'm on the internet. I'm the writer of the blog "Off the Reservation" at New West. I also write a blog at Reznet. My personal blog is Man Bites Dog. I post my pictures at Flickr and I write short sentences at Twitter.