Monday, June 30, 2008

Texas Excorcism Massacre

If you must perform an exorcism in America, aim for Texas. Its apparently open season for exorcisms over there, now. Just wait until we have Texan style witch burnings or maybe even an Inquisition or two.

It looks like Pope Benedict XVIs' exorcist squads might have somewhere to camp in America.

from MSNBC:


The Texas Supreme Court on Friday threw out a jury award over injuries a 17-year-old girl suffered in an exorcism conducted by members of her old church, ruling that the case unconstitutionally entangled the court in religious matters.

In a 6-3 decision, the justices found that a lower court erred when it said the Pleasant Glade Assembly of God's First Amendment rights regarding freedom of religion did not prevent the church from being held liable for mental distress triggered by a "hyper-spiritualistic environment."

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm Troy Doney. I'm on the internet. I'm the writer of the blog "Off the Reservation" at New West. I also write a blog at Reznet. My personal blog is Man Bites Dog. I post my pictures at Flickr and I write short sentences at Twitter.