Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Guantanamo Bay on the Open Seas

The U.S. continues to dig itself into even deeper holes. Experts reckon that the U.S.s' reputation is somewhere in the lower Stygian depths. It wasn't enough that we had an off-country base, or a network of black prisons, or even an even shadier network of third connection countries that are more then willing to do the torture for us. No, we weren't satisfied with those impossibly questionable places of confinement.

We needed to put them on black prison cruises, too. At this point, I think it's not out of the question to prepare for things like Moon Prison Colonies and Detention Cells in Alternate Planes of Reality.

From The Guardian:

The United States is operating "floating prisons" to house those arrested in its war on terror, according to human rights lawyers, who claim there has been an attempt to conceal the numbers and whereabouts of detainees.

Details of ships where detainees have been held and sites allegedly being used in countries across the world have been compiled as the debate over detention without trial intensifies on both sides of the Atlantic. The US government was yesterday urged to list the names and whereabouts of all those detained.

Information about the operation of prison ships has emerged through a number of sources, including statements from the US military, the Council of Europe and related parliamentary bodies, and the testimonies of prisoners.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm Troy Doney. I'm on the internet. I'm the writer of the blog "Off the Reservation" at New West. I also write a blog at Reznet. My personal blog is Man Bites Dog. I post my pictures at Flickr and I write short sentences at Twitter.