Thursday, October 09, 2008

Learn Judo the KGB Way

He may be a shifty tyrant with a penchant for totalitarian activity & violence, but damn, isn't Vladimir Putin the most entertaining head of state nowadays?

When he's not getting frisky with Olympic gymnasts, shutting down newspapers, shooting tigers or invading former Soviet Bloc countries, he's honing his judo skills to crush people & getting paid to show you.

from the Independent:

In Let's Learn Judo with Vladimir Putin, a 90-minute film shot over the past year-and-a-half, the former Russian president shares his favourite judo moves with viewers, who are intended to be young Russians learning the Japanese martial art.

You have admire the chutzpah of Putin. Outside of Sarkozy, there isn't a world leader this cool (even if it's cool in a douchebag kind of way). I don't see George Bush releasing any instructional vids...Cheney might release "How to Shoot Your Friends In the Face (And Get Them to Apologize)"

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm Troy Doney. I'm on the internet. I'm the writer of the blog "Off the Reservation" at New West. I also write a blog at Reznet. My personal blog is Man Bites Dog. I post my pictures at Flickr and I write short sentences at Twitter.