Sunday, December 02, 2007

Firefighters now part of War on Terror, Privacy

The Department of Homeland Security has a new idea. Surprise, surprise, it's a very bad idea.

from CBS5:

Unlike the police, firefighters and paramedics do not need warrants to get into private homes and buildings - that is why there's a new push to make them an important part of the war on terror and crime.

The Department of Homeland Security is testing a program with New York City firefighters - the idea is to give fire departments a way to share intelligence information with the appropriate agencies - a system that did not exist before.

According to the AP, Homeland Security is training New York firefighters to spot unusual or dangerous chemicals, surveillance equipment, maps, photos, blue prints, and also firearms or weapons.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm Troy Doney. I'm on the internet. I'm the writer of the blog "Off the Reservation" at New West. I also write a blog at Reznet. My personal blog is Man Bites Dog. I post my pictures at Flickr and I write short sentences at Twitter.