Monday, December 10, 2007

Advertising can break into your crainum

It's official. There's not a place on Earth, or your very body, that's free from advertising now. They can beam commercials into your very living brain meats now.

I remember, after a long and memorable walk in the woods with some friends, we were making our way back to civilization. The silence and tranquility of nature was slowly but surely giving way to the glaring lights and noises of the city. It was then that I said to a friend, "Civilization...all they're trying to do is sell you stuff." Didn't think that I'd be so philosophical and utterly correct in the same breath.

From Advertising Age:

The billboard uses technology manufactured by Holosonic that transmits an "audio spotlight" from a rooftop speaker so that the sound is contained within your cranium. The technology, ideal for museums and libraries or environments that require a quiet atmosphere for isolated audio slideshows, has rarely been used on such a scale before. For random passersby and residents who have to walk unwittingly through the area where the voice will penetrate their inner peace, it's another story.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm Troy Doney. I'm on the internet. I'm the writer of the blog "Off the Reservation" at New West. I also write a blog at Reznet. My personal blog is Man Bites Dog. I post my pictures at Flickr and I write short sentences at Twitter.