Sunday, February 25, 2007

Right Wing Mobius strip

I should first mention that I loathe the elitist terms Mainstream Media and Old Media. It sounds like scenester nonsense jargon, and until blogging really gets its wings, I don't think that it should be integrated into actual news.

Another reason why we should hold off on blogging joining broadcast news is that nobody seems to know how to use it right. CNN had people reading computers on screen. Faaaaaascinating. Now, Fox News will have a show reacting to blogs that are in turn reacting to news. A closed circuit of closed minds.

I'm really looking forward to their version of the Daily Show, though. Conservatives have never been very funny, and Joel Surnow's 24 writing never struck me as laden with humor potential.

From Variety:

"It's Out There," a half-hour of stories derived from blogs, will get a half-hour test run following Joel Surnow's satirical take on news.

Show, fronted by conservative blogger-columnist Michele Malkin and former Clinton administration operative Kirsten Powers, will take on political and cultural issues enflaming the blogosphere.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm Troy Doney. I'm on the internet. I'm the writer of the blog "Off the Reservation" at New West. I also write a blog at Reznet. My personal blog is Man Bites Dog. I post my pictures at Flickr and I write short sentences at Twitter.