Sunday, February 04, 2007

external short-term memory 2-04-07

I don't think I really explained what the point of the external short-term memory posts was.

In a nutshell, there are things I find on the internet that, while interesting, aren't particularly worthy of an individual post. It can also be described as blogging that's even more ADD friendly.

Without further ado, more external short-term memory:

The Ad Generator

Oddly addictive and hypnotic impromptu web-art. From the site:
"A generative artwork that explores how advertising uses and manipulates language. Words and semantic structures from real corporate slogans are remixed and randomized to generate invented slogans. These slogans are then paired with related images from Flickr, thereby generating fake advertisements on the fly."

How to be a Cryptozoologist
A how-to. Useful, until the X-Files calls me back about my application.

Things To Come
A 1936 British SciFi film, directed by William Cameron Menzies, but more importantly, written by H.G. Wells. It's old school, and I'm a huge fan of old school.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm Troy Doney. I'm on the internet. I'm the writer of the blog "Off the Reservation" at New West. I also write a blog at Reznet. My personal blog is Man Bites Dog. I post my pictures at Flickr and I write short sentences at Twitter.