Friday, January 13, 2006

Global Safety Net

WITHIN a large concrete room, hewn out of a mountain on a freezing-cold island just 1000 kilometres from the North Pole, could lie the future of humanity.

(new scientist article)

The article itself ends up being a bit on the dry side...heavy words like doomsday, reinforced concrete, polar bears are being thrown around, and it's all just a rainy-day jar for agricultural revival.

Don't get me wrong, the concept is neccesary and needed. There are legitimate reasons to have a bastion to help rebuild the world just in case we do get around to fucking things up horribly. I just don't see why we're only putting seeds in there.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm Troy Doney. I'm on the internet. I'm the writer of the blog "Off the Reservation" at New West. I also write a blog at Reznet. My personal blog is Man Bites Dog. I post my pictures at Flickr and I write short sentences at Twitter.