Friday, May 18, 2007

Russia engages Estonia in cyberwar

Russia apparently unleashed the internet hounds of hell upon Estonia. Is this the next form of state-vs-state warfare?

We can't we all just sit down to a good, fair, high stakes game of pong?

from the Guardian:

A three-week wave of massive cyber-attacks on the small Baltic country of Estonia, the first known incidence of such an assault on a state, is causing alarm across the western alliance, with Nato urgently examining the offensive and its implications.

While Russia and Estonia are embroiled in their worst dispute since the collapse of the Soviet Union, a row that erupted at the end of last month over the Estonians' removal of the Bronze Soldier Soviet war memorial in central Tallinn, the country has been subjected to a barrage of cyber warfare, disabling the websites of government ministries, political parties, newspapers, banks, and companies.

1 comment:

Lou said...

Please help find Madeleine...

http://findmadeleine.blogspot.com/

About Me

My photo
I'm Troy Doney. I'm on the internet. I'm the writer of the blog "Off the Reservation" at New West. I also write a blog at Reznet. My personal blog is Man Bites Dog. I post my pictures at Flickr and I write short sentences at Twitter.