Monday, May 28, 2007

National Guard for the 'Net

U.S. Senator Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) has called for a national volunteer organization of trained and well-coordinated units of IT professionals from U.S. technology companies. Tasked to quickly recreate and repair compromised communications and technology infrastructures during national emergencies.

from atnewyork.com:

"What this country needs is essentially a technology equivalent of the National Guard: a National Emergency Technology Guard - NET Guard - that in times of crisis would be in a position to mobilize our nation's information technology, or IT, community to action quickly, just as the National Guard is ready to move during emergencies."

1 comment:

RTO Trainer said...

The Guard we have can do this now.

Or, we can if we are allowed to and allowed to do some training and procurement.

My battalion has teh skill sets needed. The question is whether we have the hardware on hand to move in and do that kind of job. And if we did, would our commanders see that as an important enough mission to make the tasking.

About Me

My photo
I'm Troy Doney. I'm on the internet. I'm the writer of the blog "Off the Reservation" at New West. I also write a blog at Reznet. My personal blog is Man Bites Dog. I post my pictures at Flickr and I write short sentences at Twitter.