Friday, December 16, 2005

Prologue to X-Mas Vacation Noise

she wants revenge -"out of control"

I have one of She Wants Revenge's songs on here somewhere, and I right well loved it. This song isn't as damned good as that one, but I still really enjoy it...a bit dancy for me, but I guess that's not exactly a bad thing.

Vashti Bunyan-"Turning Backs"

It might be just that I'm writing this at 3:10 am, but this song is beyouteefull. In more eloquent words, it's transcendental, haunting...and more then a little melancholy. Then again, it also feels like perfect driving music when you've got nothing but five hours on the road and time to kill. Oi, I'm looking forward to that drive home.

Radical Face Versus Phalex Sledgehammer-"Crooked Teeth"

With a name like that, how can they do wrong? The singer should never ever use cough drops, because the voice on this song is perfect. It's hard to articulate, but everything about this song makes me like it. So yes, check them out.

the Notes and Scratches-"The Clockmaker's Daughter"

For the melodramatics reading this, this is a great song to sit around your room and smear your eyeliner to. Damn emo kids. For the stalkers among us, this song is a good song to sit around your room and watch your true love through your binoculaurs...damn freaks. Again, yet another lead singer whose best aspect is a voice that needs to stay away from cough syrup. Sad, like old country, and in a good way.

Radiant Darling-"Familiar"

So it's now 3:27, and I'm losing all ability to properly comprehend. But I do comprehend liking this song.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm Troy Doney. I'm on the internet. I'm the writer of the blog "Off the Reservation" at New West. I also write a blog at Reznet. My personal blog is Man Bites Dog. I post my pictures at Flickr and I write short sentences at Twitter.