Sunday, March 30, 2008

Lawsuit filed to cease CERN activities

An eccentric botanist filed a lawsuit in Hawaii hoping to stop experiments by the Large Hadron Collider. He cites the threat of space-time continuum ripping, so on, so forth.

from The Register:

Walter L Wagner and his fellow Hawaiian Luis Sancho, according to a report on MSNBC, filed suit in the Hawaii federal court last Friday. The men are worried about one of several planet-busting physicists' nightmares being unleashed in the LHC's bowels deep beneath the Franco-Swiss countryside. (According to Wagner's website, as of publication, the LHC is located "near Geneva, Switzerland".)

Firstly Wagner is concerned that careless atom boffins might slip up and create a miniature black hole. This would then suck in surrounding mass, gaining unstoppably in size and power in a runaway process until it had engulfed the entire Earth and packed it down inside its swelling, unescapable event horizon.


----------------
Now playing: Toumani Diabaté's Symmetric Orchestra - Africa Challenge
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm Troy Doney. I'm on the internet. I'm the writer of the blog "Off the Reservation" at New West. I also write a blog at Reznet. My personal blog is Man Bites Dog. I post my pictures at Flickr and I write short sentences at Twitter.